Story behind the scenes
1) Speed Boat – A Joby gorilla pod was mounted on the edge of boat to shoot a steady sequence while it moved from Fateh Prakash Palace hotel to Jag Mandir, Udaipur. This sequence of shots provides a glimpse of Udaipur’s iconic palace against the backdrop of the cultural symbol of Udaipur, the lake pichchola.
2) Shiv Niwas Palace Sunrise, Udaipur- Taken from the entrance gate of Shiv Niwas Palace, this shot gives a first view of sunrise.
3) Sunrise Jal Mahal- Rajput rulers had a steel for location and art. Known as the face of Jaipur city, shooting Jal Mahal during sunrise was my top priority. A photographer knows well the importance of time and space. Having never been to Jal Mahal before, I had no idea of the position of sun beforehand. I stuck to my imagination and went there early in the morning. Rest is what you see in this video. Soubhagya Jena & Deeps Angelo accompanied me while shooting.
4) Shadows- I had never planned of shooting shadows as timelapse. While shooting at Gaitor Ki chatriyan with “MOONLIT INDIA” Timelapser Nilesh Ukey introduced and enlightened me with this concept. Gaitor Ki Chatriyan is among the less touristy places in Jaipur. This place was introduced to me by my friend Mohit Goel.
5) Sunset Terrace- This sequence was shot at Sunset terrace restaurant at Fateh Prakash Palace, Udaipur, when we were savouring our dinner. In this view from lakeside restaurant, you may spot Jag Mandir on the left and Lake Palace hotel on the right lit-up in night.
6) Sajjangarh- Sajjangarh fort is more famous for its terrace view than the fort itself. The surreal mountains’, drifting valleys and an unimaginable landscape is what it offers.
7) Golf Cart- While moving inside the campus of HRH Group of Hotels, I used Golf Cart to make a transition lapse of moving around hotel. We are thankful to the chauffer who took a longer route on being requested.
8) Udaipur Aerial- Making Aerial view lapse was on my ‘to do’ list in Udaipur. Our hotel manager advised us to go to the “karni Mata Temple” through ropeway for this sequence and the effort was worth the salt. It was challenging to shoot a stable timelapse during day time; wind was fierce and made it hard to keep the camera stable. I used a Joby Gorillapod and tied it over railing even after that disturbance due to wind is evident in this clip (After using stabilizers & LR Timelapse). For night sequence we went again to “Karni Mata Temple” again and stayed late. We were alone at such a height and boarded last the ropeway back with technical staff.
9) Hawa Mahal- It was always my dream to shoot a famous monument with street trails around ever since I saw Paris timelapse and the dream was realized at Hawa Mahal. Returning from Nahargarh fort in night, we stopped by Hawa Mahal and took this long shot standing on the divider of road. However this shot is inspired from similar works of Nimit Nigam.
10) Nahargarh Fort- This sequence of holy grail has been taken from outer walls of Nahargarh Fort, Jaipur along with Nilesh Ukey.
Camera- Nikon D5100
Lens- Sigma17-50 f/2.8, Nikon 50mm f/1.8, Nikon 18-55
Tripods- Joby Gorillapod & Vanguard
Shutter release remote
[…] Life of Jaipur & Udaipur […]
[…] Life of Jaipur & Udaipur […]
Thank you for sharing an interesting stories of Jaipur and Udaipur.
Thank you. It helped me in my research.
Utel.app is a real-time marketplace to bargain for the hotels and stays. Unlike the regular online travel agencies, Utel.app offers a unique solution — the traveller posts the request including the location, hotel class, check-in/check-out dates — the platform creates competition among the hoteliers and brings in top 3 lowest offers to the traveler (to pick one out of those lowest offers). All prices are dynamic at Utel.app. Say good-bye to fixed prices that are offered by the current online travel sites.
UTEL (Utel.app) is the new name for HOTEL. Don’t pay more for any hotel. Bargain for the best price at Utel.app without any effort.
nice article , you captured beautiful pics
Very informative post. The way you described the beauty of Jaipur and Udaipur is awesome. Pictures are so amazing.
Thanks a ton for this